Please read the following Terms and Conditions before placing your order. When you place an order you will be asked to confirm that you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. You will not be able to proceed with the order if you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions. The contract is between you and SpeckyFourEyes.com Ltd. If your order is accepted, these terms and your order form will together form a legally binding contract between you and the buyer or customer. A contract will be made when we accept an order, and acceptance will be by way of emailed confirmation of acceptance.
Where an order is placed through our website, you should keep a copy of the order and these Terms and Conditions.
The contract between you and us will consist of the order, our confirmation of the order and these Terms and Conditions. The Buyer should therefore keep a copy of the order when the Buyer receives it and these Terms and Conditions.
The main characteristics of the goods and services ordered by you (the ”Products”), the price of the Products and the delivery charge for shipping and packing are stated on our website or specified in your order form before you confirm your purchase. The “Contract Price” will be the price and delivery charge as stated on the website at the time of the order, plus applicable VAT and/or sales or other taxes. The description of the Products and the Contract Price will be stated in the order and confirmed in the confirmation of your order. You will be required to pay the Contract Price in full before the Products are dispatched to you.
We can be contacted by writing at SpeckyFourEyes.com, Crowgill Chambers, Crowgill Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3SN, United Kingdom; by email or via our Contact us page.
• You confirm that you are aged 16 years or older and are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles from SpeckyFourEyes.com. You also confirm that you are not buying glasses on behalf of anyone under the age of 16.
• You confirm that you are not registered blind or partially sighted.
• You agree that you will provide any details reasonably requested by SpeckyFourEyes.com to confirm that you are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles.
• You agree to make purchases on the SpeckyFourEyes.com website using your correct name, address, date of birth and any other details requested.
• All prescriptions that you supply to us must have been given to you by a registered medical practitioner or registered optician following a sight test by him or her within the last two years.
• Unless specifically agreed by phone or email, we will only supply glasses with lenses of a spherical power between +8.00 and -8.00(dioptres) and a cylindrical power between +4.00 and -4.00(dioptres). Should you require lenses outside of these values call us on 03448 20 20 20 or email email@example.com. An out of range fee may apply.
• If your prescription has a PRISM value there is an additional charge applicable during checkout. This amount will be displayed to you on the prescription page during checkout.
• When ordering from us, we shall rely upon the prescription provided by you. You are responsible for entering the prescription information and PD (pupillary distance) measurement as requested. No liability is accepted by SpeckyFourEyes.com for any mistake made by you in providing your prescription or PD measurement.
• If no PD measurement is provided we will use an average PD of 63mm for bifocal and single vision distance lenses, or a PD of 60mm for single vision reading lenses. We take no responsibility for any visual problems you may encounter for an incorrect PD, SpeckyFourEyes recommend that you consult your Optician to obtain your PD before ordering, and provide that measurement to us when ordering.
• If you are in doubt about any of the information do not enter it. Leave the prescription area clear and call us on 03448 20 20 20 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Prices displayed on our website are correct at time of display. We reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice. However, once your order has been accepted, we will not change the price that applies without your agreement.
• All prices displayed are inclusive of UK VAT at the prevailing standard rate. UK VAT is charged on all sales to customers located within the UK. We do not charge VAT on non-UK orders however you may be subject to customs and local taxes upon import.
• We use D28 Bifocal lenses as standard for bifocal lenses. These are 28mm wide 'D-shaped' segments that are positioned 3mm below the centre of the lens and horizontally are centred on your PD (Pupillary Distance). If you would like different shaped segments or positioned different to 3mm below the centre we need to be notified before an order is placed or provided in the "Brief notes for our opticians" during checkout.
• We accept payment by Visa/Mastercard/Maestro/American Express, PayPal, cheque or bank transfer.
• All credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorization by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorize payment, we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay.
• You may pay for goods by sterling cheques drawn on a UK clearing bank or by Bank Transfer, although goods will not be dispatched until the funds have cleared.
• Transactions are processed in GBP. All other currencies displayed online are given as a guide, and may be subject to variation.
• All payment must be made in full before goods are dispatched. Payment is processed at the time of order.
• We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from SpeckyFourEyes.com.
• When your order is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a confirmation email.
• Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions below.
• Non acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria as set out in the rest of this document.
• All items will be delivered to the address specified by the customer on the order.
• Upon delivery of goods you should carefully inspect them. If any of the goods are damaged or lost, please contact us immediately to inform us of the problem and do not use the goods.
• We aim to complete and send all orders within 3-30 working days. All items will be delivered as quickly as possible and within 38 days. However we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by the estimated delivery date. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any losses, damages or charges incurred by you because of the late delivery of goods.
• Some glasses can take longer due to complexities that can occur within high prescriptions or with certain coating combinations. Some orders may be delayed if a copy of a prescription is required by our opticians.
• You should notify us immediately if you have not received your goods within 48 days.
• When you have received the goods at the specified address, the risk of damage to the goods is passed to you.
• If for any reason (not due to our fault) you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us as a result (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
• It is our aim to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the goods that you receive from us. Nonetheless, under the Consumer Contracts (Distance Selling) Regulations 2014 customers have a 14 day cooling off period. Therefore, for whatever reason, if you are not completely satisfied with the goods that you have purchased you have the right to a full refund, alteration or replacement.
• This government regulation excludes goods made to customers specifications or goods that are personalised, such as prescription orders. However, on top of our legal requirements we will refund the value of the frame, providing that it is in original condition. Unfortunately we cannot refund the value of the personalised lenses made to your prescription.
• To return products please complete the form on our returns page.
• The risk of damage to any goods returned to us will remain with you until they have been delivered and accepted by us at our premises.
• Goods are sold on the condition that they are not resold to the public.
• We may record any telephone calls that you make to our customer service department for training purposes and quality control.
• Goods purchased from our website are subject to English Law.
• None of the conditions set out in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
• Individual goods may be the subject of additional guarantees or warranties given by their manufacturers to you.
• We shall not accept any liability for any ordering errors made by you when submitting your order. Please ensure that all details are correct before submitting your order.
• We do not accept responsibility and will not be liable for any damage to the goods caused by you.
• We shall not be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any goods advertised on our website.
• Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any breach of the statutory implied terms as to title of goods or for fraud or any other liability which by law we are not permitted to limit or exclude.
• Our maximum liability (and that of our employees, agents and subcontractors) to you in connection with any physical damage caused to your property through the negligence of us (or our employees, agents and subcontractors) will not in any circumstances exceed £10,000. In all other cases, our total liability (including our employees, agents and subcontractors) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise will not exceed the price of the goods and services to which the claim relates.
• In no circumstances will we (or our employees, agents or subcontractors) be liable to you for any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated saving.
• The content (as defined below) contained in this site is provided by SpeckyFourEyes as a service to its customers. This site does not contain information about eye diseases, nor does this site contain medical information that may be relevant to your eye care needs. The information provided in this site is only general health information, and is intended only to facilitate communication between you and your Optician or Doctor. This site does not provide medical diagnosis for any individual and must not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care.
• Any medical questions you may have about your specific medical condition, treatment, care, or diagnosis must be presented to your Registered Ophthalmic Optician. You should never disregard medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of any information contained in or related to this site. SpeckyFourEyes does not endorse, operate, control, or assume responsibility for any product, brand, method, treatment, information or service on this site. The information, services, and products contained in this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
Updated 10th March 2019